sunnuntai 11. syyskuuta 2011

Progress with 3d printer

Allrighty!
For a while I haven´t got anything to write over here since all the time I´ve got spare I have been working on my thesis to my school. The subject for my thesis is surprise a 3d printer.

I set my goals for my thesis to improve my existing reprap mendel a lot, the frame, printing quality and manageability. First I tried to invent a genious ideas for existing printer, but I noticed that it easier to invent a totally new 3d printer with a new frame, electronics, heat manageability and some more.

I´ve split my thesis to four parts.

1st one is to focus on frame, make it a cheap, reliable, strong, get the mechanical movement more precise, easy to maintenance and most of all EASY to assemble. The existing reprap definitely wasn´t that. I spent many many days to build it up and it has so much adjustable parts to get good printing quality.

2nd one is to focus on heated bed and its heating manageability.

3rd one is to focus on extruder to get it simplier and maybe availability for dual head. We´ll see.

4th one is to focus on electronics. Which is based on the gen 7 electronics, but there is some extra coming on.

I can say that the step 1 is now completed and the prototype parts have been ordered. I will write here more about the progress of thesis. My goal is to get it ready at the beginning of december.

Cheers!
Jaba-Z

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti