maanantai 3. lokakuuta 2011

1st version of my own 3D printer

Oh yeah!

Finally managed to get all the parts and after that it was time to build up 1st version of my own designed 3D printer.
Build went quite a smoothly and it was really nice and simple to get it ready. Even forget to get pictures from the building process :P

Frame was now ready and after that it was time to hook it up with electronics from my old printer. Changed also my FiveD firmware to Sprinter firmware. It needed quite a lot of changes to STEPS_PER_UNIT, since the new frame different pitched belt etc. Calibrations were quickly made and then it was time to first prints.



Here is video where im printing that handle. Size is 150mm x 40mm x 40mm.
Printer is using acceleration and the speed is 70mm/s. 3mm PLA filament and 0.5mm nozzle. Hope the new PLA arrives soon, since this filament that im using right now is quite a poor quality material.



Printing with this machine(need to say machine since I  have not figured out a name for it, yet.) has been a joy when comparing to my old mendel. I can print faster with this, sound is nice and smooth, it does much better quality and it looks cool! And best of all, it´s realiable since it doesn´t need small fixing after every print.
Build size is now 230mm x 230mm x 120mm.

If you are interested about this frame or have more questions, please let me know. Better pictures coming out when I get it painted.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti